Saturday 16 January 2016

WATCH DHANI HARRISON & FRIENDS 'HANDLE WITH CARE' FROM GEORGE TRIBUTE SHOW

 

Dhani Harrison, Spoon's Britt Daniel, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Killers' Brandon Flowers and Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne perform Traveling Wilburys cut

George Fest: A Night To Celebrate The Music Of George Harrison, a CD/DVD set documenting an all-star September 28th, 2014 concert honoring the late Beatle, will be released on February 26th, the day after what would have been Harrison's 73rd birthday. On Thursday, Harrison's official site shared video of that concert's rendition of "Handle With Care."


 

In this exhilarating take on the Traveling Wilburys' classic, Dhani Harrison, Spoon's Britt Daniel, Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne, "Weird Al" Yankovic, the Killers' Brandon Flowers and Mellowdrone's Jonathan Bates all take turns filling in for the legendary supergroup.
Brian Wilson, Norah Jones, the Strokes' Nick Valensi, Conan O'Brien, the Cult's Ian Astbury, Perry Farrell, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Butch Walker also took part in the all-star concert at Los Angeles' Fonda Theater, with songs culled from Harrison's Beatles, Wilburys and solo catalog.





"I've always imagined a small club show where my generation of musicians could cut loose on some of the deeper tracks from his career," Dhani Harrison said in a statement. "So, in a totally new and vibrant way, I once again found myself taking the stage with some of my most treasured musical heroes to the sound of the most familiar music in my life ... I hope you enjoy listening to these as much as I do. They are some of the best interpretations of my father's songs I could have ever thought possible."





































Pre-order George Fest: A Night To Celebrate The Music Of George Harrison through Amazon:

[2 CD/Blu-Ray Combo] ....   HERE.

CD ... HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment