Tuesday 15 April 2014

PAUL INTERVIEW FOR "EL PAIS" URUGUAY

By phone, El Pais interviewed Paul McCartney who is rehearsing in Los Angeles:
You said he has no plans to retire from the stage. Which is the secret to staying in shape and with so much strength and inspiration to continue making music? 
-. I love music, I love playing live and making records . When I offer him a gig at a place like Uruguay, the most surprising thing to me is the people, the fans I see people in Latin America have a connection . strong with the music and it is very exciting for us ! Playing live is always a party, had a good time Often people ask me, 'Do not you get tired of shows? `. And the answer is no, because it gives me so much energy. 's a great thing, it's something I've always done and that's what I love. Audiences are very energizing. 
Are you concerned about the passage of time somehow? 
- No, because in reality there is nothing I can do against the passage of years. 
Do you have plans to write his autobiography? 
-No. Already there are many books about me, what I think too. I do not want to add another to the pile! Also requires a lot of work, you must take time to sit down and write a book of these characteristics and am always busy. There is much information about me, but not all are reliable or correct.
What signifa's NEW in your career? How was the production process? 
-. For me, it is very important to have new songs to play shows . And this album fulfills that function If you also have success as luck has been with NEW, then people know the new and old tunes and can combine . the new stuff is fun to play and I think it is well received by the public.
What do you think when you see the Rolling Stones still together and playing? If John and George were alive, do you think the Beatles could have returned to activity? Why not? 
Well, maybe it would have been possible, but as they are no longer alive is impossible. If they were alive, we could have worked together again, but saying that is like playing thinking 'what if such a thing ... ", and I do not like that. 'It's like asking what would happen if I drop a TV on your head?' You know what I mean? People ask me often, but I think a bit of fantasy. 's like if I ask ' what would have happened if his grandfather had been a star of a television show? was his grandfather `O star, or it was not, and ready.
What do you miss most of Lennon ? Do you feel that something that was pending between you? Any word unspoken or unrecorded song ? 
-I do not think there is anything without saying , without speaking. We said many things that were close friends , like George . I miss John , of course, because we were very good friends. was a very "cool" , very funny, he was like a brother , very intelligent, a good composer. And when we work together the result was always good. I miss the company and the experiences shared , but in the same way that a parent or sibling dies or someone in the family and you lose, miss him as a friend. guess that says everything you want and not regret anything , we both knew that we loved each other very much.
How was working with him ? 
- When we were two young men who wanted to learn to play and write songs. was a wonderful time in our lives and how we learn and improve
Our craft became two good songwriters. If John needed help with something he was writing many times that I could give you an answer in the same way that John me day an answer for me. was a partnership perfect because we grow together and well understood. many of our co-authorship made ​​very quickly because we had already reached a good level . Alone , John was a great singer and songwriter and also have facility to sing and compose , but when we worked together was something special.
What do you enjoy most about being a Beatle? Do you regret anything? 
-I do not regret anything. I have so many beautiful memories. Maybe you could say that I did not like when we were discussing, but that happens in any family. People argue and sometimes you can not go crazy and repent of these things, you have to understand that life is so often argues with his brothers, but they still want too. Had a great time together, I am very proud of what we created. And when traveling to Uruguay will play many of the songs of the Beatles I wrote with Wings, another very good band. I like to choose songs from different eras and play a show. People always say it's great to hear songs from different stages of my career and realize that they are all related. This is what turns me on the show that we do in Uruguay.
After experimenting with Kisses On The Bottom and the NEW album , What 's Next What you want to try in the future?
- I'm always working on new things , I'm always writing. Now I am doing a animated film for children based on a children's book I wrote a few years ago. I customized music for this film and I also am involved in the production . But will take a few years yet.
What is your album of favorite Beatles and why? 
- This question is very difficult for me because the discs are like your children : not to have a single favorite. I could not tell which is my favorite song , because I could list .
It is true that attends concerts of young stars to stay updated ? 
Yes, it's true. I go to many concerts , because, actually, I really like the live performances. To my wife Nancy also loves to go , it's always a good night. We see many artists recently watched Jaz -Z, also saw Kanye West , Justin Timberlake and some hip hop artists . 's almost as fun as going to see a show of Paul McCartney ! (laughs) .
How have you changed your way of composing over the years? 
- My process remains the same today as when I started writing young. I sit down with a guitar or piano and just me! But it is interesting to see how the composition process generates changes with others. For example, if I'm working with a new producer, maybe he asks me to do something at the time of the study, a rhythm. For example: "Try this, or that," In some of the songs came NEW with this method, as the party with some of producers, because they are used to create that path and sometimes I adapt to that style. I do this because it seems exciting to try new things, gives some novelty to the final result

No comments:

Post a Comment