Saturday 1 March 2014

Q&A: LOUISE HARRISON

Louise Harrison, sister of George talks about Liverpool Legends, the Beatles tribute she put together, playing a benefit concert Monday in DeSoto.

What is your role with the show ... creator, writer, producer?
Louise Harrison: Mum. I'm not much of a management sort, just more like a mum. I make sure they're all OK, make sure the buttons are sewn on their coats and that they've had a good meal...all that.

Tell us about Liverpool Legends.
We've been together now since about 2003. It first started when we wanted to just do a tribute to John and George and call it "Past Masters," as in "passed on," but the John and George we found are the best John and George I've come across. That's why we thought let's do a duo, and I would be completely comfortable putting my name on it and not have George go shooting lightning bolts at me from wherever he is. But they came to me and said they really can't do the songs justice without it being the whole band.  I agreed to it only if we found the right kind of people. To me, it's important to have a band that looks like The Beatles and can reproduce the songs, but the most important thing to me is for them to be the kind of guys who would be his [George's] friends if he were still here.

What is the show like? Is it a concert?
It's more like a Broadway show. It starts off with a video introduction, then tells the story of how The Beatles progressed through their career with costume changes and set changes. There's more to it than singing a few songs. Everything is live, there's no dubbing or lip-syncing. It's their voices and their fingers on the guitars, their hands holding the drumsticks.

What sets it apart from other Beatles tributes?
We have been able to make it much more authentic. Let's face it, we have kind of a secret weapon in that I knew them, and one of them was my brother.

READ MORE... HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment