Sunday 7 April 2013

JAMES MCCARTNEY INTERVIEW

James McCartney Interview: Inspirational Lessons in Life from a Rising Superstar

Who is the most inspirational person you have met in your life?
And what lessons in life did you learn from this person?
One of the best ways to improve your life and take it to the next level is to learn from people who have already done it or doing it now, or from someone who is about to take off in life within their own chosen sphere.
Sometimes in life you meet someone who you just know is going to make a big impact in the world – and one such person I know and have in my life as a friend is rising star James McCartney, who is both an accomplished musician and an artist.
I first met James almost 6 years ago and I have had the pleasure to see him grow and develop over the years, both as a person and in his profession.
He has really focussed on what he wanted in his musical career and all his hard work and efforts are now coming to fruition.
Last week I saw James perform live in London in front of a sell-out concert and he blew the audience away with his powerful and moving performance.
He even out-shined two all-time musical legends, Ronnie Wood and Sir Paul McCartney!
James is now on the threshold of a sell-out USA Tour featuring 47 dates over 2 months.
I had the opportunity to interview James and ask him to share some of his lessons in life with us – and here’s what he shared:-


1. James, welcome to Make it Happen! Thanks for making the time in your busy schedule to share your inspirational story with my readers. And congratulations re your forthcoming USA Tour and the release of your forthcoming album!
Please tell us more about your USA tour.
Thanks Arvind for the warm welcome – I am delighted to be here.
My USA Tour begins this Saturday 6th April when I play in Portland Oregon – I then continue around the country with a total of 47 gigs all around the USA in 27 States.
I am really excited about this new adventure and it’s great to know that the tour looks like it’s going to be a sell-out.
Next week, I am looking forward to playing at Coachella in California and from there to gigs in New Mexico and the rest of the country. I can’t wait to get going!

2. James, it’s all so exciting!  I have listened to some of your new tracks and I also heard you live last week at your sell-out London gig, where your Dad joined you on the stage.
Please tell us more about your forthcoming album.
I can’t talk too much about the album as it’s not finalised yet! My first full-length album is called Me and for my first album I wanted to make a record that would be intimate, deeply personal, and honest
I wanted to create an album that would say, ‘This is who I am…both musically and personally. This is Me.”
I can’t say anything more – and I have to be a bit coy. There may be some surprises – so all I can say is watch this space….

3. Now James, 47 performances in 2 months – that sounds quite gruelling! So how do you stay energised and focussed?
For a start Arvind, I don’t see it as gruelling! I see my USA Tour as an adventure and the next step of my journey, both musically and as a person.
To support me in my daily life, I have already developed a solid self-care routine which involves healthy eating, regular exercise and of course meditation.
Transcendental Meditation (TM) plays a big role in my life as it has done for my father and the other Beatles. I meditate regularly – twice a day – and I have learnt 4 advanced TM techniques.
I find that just 30 minutes of TM refreshes me as if I had slept a few hours!

4. James, but why TM? There are such a myriad of meditational techniques and teachers out there that newcomers to meditation can get so confused! Please explain why TM and why it’s so special to you?
Firstly TM is a tried and tested method going back many decades, with millions of practitioners around the world. It helps you in so many ways such as de-stressing, relaxing, calming down and getting clarity of mind which helps in problem solving
My dad introduced me to TM after the Beatles went to Rishikesh and were taught by the man himself - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi who developed TM and spread it all around the world.

READ MORE.... HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment