Monday 4 November 2019

RINGO STARR REVEALS CONVERSATION WITH GEORGE HARRISON

During a recent interview with Rolling Stones magazine, Ringo Starr has made a very emotional statement about the death of his bandmate, George Harrison.



Ringo has shared a little-known story about the last days of George Harrison. Here’s what he told:

“I’m emotional now thinking of him forty years ago talking about me on his tape and thinking of me. The four of us were great friends with a couple of side issues. And it was far out. So anyway, I didn’t know how to act.
And then I got back to L.A., and I grieved, and then, of course, you always go through the grief. And George, the same. [He tears up; his voice starts shaking.] I’m such an old crybaby. He’s laying there very ill — not long.
And I’ve got to go to Boston, ’cause my daughter’s having an operation. And so I said, “Well, you know, I’ve got to go, George,” and he says, “Do you want me to come with you?” You know, he’s dying in a bit: “Do you want me to come with you?” How many people say great things like that to you, really give themselves?”

No comments:

Post a Comment