Friday 9 June 2017

PAUL: ULTIMATE MUSIC GUIDE

As Paul turns 75, Uncut is proud to unveil a deluxe edition of the Uncut Ultimate Music Guide to Paul McCartney. With a selection of articles rescued from the NME, Melody Maker and Uncut archives, and with extensive new reviews of every album, we trace the highs, lows and neglected margins of McCartney's post-Beatles career.
There are frank reflections on life past and present, bantering encounters with Wings, a constant and fascinating narrative about how McCartney tries to reconcile being "Mr Normal" with being, well, Sir Paul McCartney. There's also an epic interview from a 2004 issue of Uncut, in which McCartney, a shrewd media operator ever since the earliest days of The Beatles, talks with unprecedented candour about every phase of his career.

"I’ve put out an awful lot of records. Some of them I shouldn’t have put out, sure," he admits in the piece. "I’d gladly accept that. There’s many different reasons for putting a record out. Sometimes I might just put one out because I’m bored and I’ve got nothing better to do. That happens."














No comments:

Post a Comment