Saturday 3 December 2016

MARY MCCARTNEY KEEN TO TEAM UP WITH LIVERPOOL FC FOR BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTO PROJECT

Mary McCartney revealed she wants to team up with Liverpool FC – but she is still trying to persuade the club. Mary said she is fascinated by the rituals of footballers.
Her first solo exhibition was a photographic study behind the scenes of the Royal Ballet and she said she would like to do something similar with Liverpool.

She said: “I really want to go and get embedded with a football team, I really want to go to Liverpool but they won’t let me.“Like I did with the Royal Ballet, I’ve been writing to Liverpool FC but they are not having me yet but I’m going to keep trying.It’s a difficult thing to agree to allow someone in, they have to focus and you can’t just go in. I understand why they are reluctant but I think they should just let me do it.It’s the devotion and the commitment, it’s the physicality and dedicating a bit portion of your life to something.”
If she does not succeed with the Reds she said she would be willing to look elsewhere, possibly in the direction of Everton, Sir Paul’s preferred team.

She said: “I think I would try another team, I would have to think about it. My husband is a Liverpool fan but my dad’s family are Everton.
“Maybe we will have to go there next but maybe they won’t be happy if they know I asked Liverpool first!”
“It is a hard thing, it’s a private space and it would be nerve-wracking, I would find it quite daunting the challenge of showing the less seen aspects of what goes on behind the scenes.
“Also football is quite superstitious so if I went and did a game and they lost then I think they would never want me back but if I did it and they won they might allow me back.”
She has just produced a book of photographs from a night she spent backstage at an all-male production of Twelfth Night starring Mark Rylance in 2013 where she again examines the rituals of a performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment