Friday 21 October 2016

PAUL ONCE OFFERED TO WRITE AND PRODUCE SONGS FOR THE FOUR TOPS

Paul is a massive fan of the Motown band and the only surviving original member, Duke Fakir, has revealed when he met the guitarist at their manager Brian Epstein's party in London in 1966, he said he'd love to write some songs for them, but the 'Reach Out I'll Be There' hitmaker never took up his offer.
Duke said: "Paul McCartney was very generous and came to me and told me he loved the Tops and he remembers when he first met us and we had a party in London, The Beatles' manager Brian Epstein threw a party for us, and Paul and I had a long talk. He asked me, 'Do you need some new music?' And I said we will call you, but I never called."
Despite a collaboration never happening, Duke, 80, wouldn't turn down the chance to have the 'Hey Jude' hitmaker pen some lyrics for the group now.

 
Asked if he would invite McCartney to work with them now, he said: "Of course. Are you kidding?"

And Paul wasn't the only star who was desperate to work with the Four Tops as R&B singer Ne-Yo also made it known he would be up for writing or producing some tracks.
Duke added: "Ne-Yo also said he would be happy to write and produce some songs for us. But we never got together to do that."


No comments:

Post a Comment