Friday 3 June 2016

STELLA ON HER KIDS GROWING UP AMONG "CRAZY FAMOUS PEOPLE"

Stella McCartney says that she worries about her children being brought up surrounded by 'crazy famous people'.She made the admission in an interview for Porter magazine, but concluded that as she turned out 'okay-ish' despite the people she mixed with while on tour with her Beatle father, she hopes her children will too.
Stella, who gave the interview to commemorate 15 years since she launched her eponymous fashion label, told the magazine: 'I lived on a farm, but I went on tour and I knew crazy famous people, like crazy. 
Stella photographed with legendary music producer Quincy Jones for Porter magazine. In an interview the fashion designer revealed that she worries about her children being surrounded by 'crazy famous people'

Left to right: Selma Blair, Stella, Nicole Richie and Jennifer all wearing Stella McCartney
Left to right: Selma Blair, Stella, Nicole Richie and Jennifer all wearing Stella

'And for my children, it's not dissimilar, they go to the farm and they're in the field getting muddy and falling over, and then they come here and they're surrounded by crazy famous people. 
'I worry about that. But I think I turned out okay-ish, and I hope that they will be okay.'
The mother-of-four and lifelong vegetarian also talks about the 'great relationship' her children have with their 'GrandDude' Sir Paul McCartney.
'I love seeing them with Grandpa, or GrandDude, as they call him, they're really proud of him and they get excited by it (Paul's music). They have a great relationship with him,' she said.

In this intimate and poignant photograph, Stella (centre) is snapped with Beatles wives – Barbara Bach Starkey (left), wife of Ringo Starr, and Olivia Harrison (right), widow of George Harrison
In this intimate and poignant photograph, Stella (centre) is snapped with Beatles wives – Barbara Bach Starkey (left) and Olivia Harrison (right).


She also spoke fondly about her mother – photographer Linda McCartney who died when Stella was only 26 – and about how her mother's honesty and quirky style influenced her career in fashion.
'I really admired the honesty in the way she wore clothes, she didn't give a toss what people thought,' she said in the interview.
'She had a quirky style. She was rock 'n' roll. When everyone else was doing punk she was doing grunge. And she wore a lot of vintage stuff, a lot of 1940s tea dresses. 
Stella was interviewed in Porter magazine to commemorate 15 years since she launched her
'That's why when I went to Chloé I did a lot of that kind of dress. I was very much attracted to her confidence in a really gentle vulnerable way, like she wasn't trying to be anyone she wasn't. '
Paying tribute to her mother's individuality, she added:
'Look at all the other wives of that period, they weren't cutting their own hair, they weren't not wearing makeup,' she said. 
On her own uniqueness in the business Stella said: 'I think my differences were and my differences still are that I don't really approach fashion in a fashiony way.

McCartney, was interviewed in Porter magazine to commemorate 15 years since she launched her'I was never drawn just into fashion. I was drawn into it because I am really interested in serving women and providing women with solutions, trying to figure out what we need and why we need that and why we wear stuff, how it makes us feel. That was always my starting point, you know.'
Photographed for Porter in Los Angeles with a host of her A-List friends, from legendary music producer Quincy Jones and actress Selma Blair to the Beatles wives - Ringo's wife Barbara Bach and George Harrison's widow Olivia - the designer also reflect on her star-studded upbringing.
'I did have quite a different upbringing to a lot of my peers,' she said. 'We all have a sort of code that we get, especially as Beatles kids. It's an unspoken sort of word of understanding. But I'm comfortable around a lot of different types of people.'  
Although regarded as something of a superwoman, McCartney reveals she can be known to shed a tear in the office.
'Some days I get overwhelmed and a bit breathless… I've probably cried at work, but I'm limited with my crying; I'm the boss, I'm not really allowed to cry at work.'
The images, photographed by Bjorn Iooss for Porter's Spirit of Summer issue, see Stella cuddling long-time family friend, the legendary music producer Quincy Jones, while in another shot, guests including Nicole Richie, Mad Men actress Kiernan Shipka and Selma Blair play tennis, lawn croquet, hoola hoop and blow bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment