Thursday 14 April 2016

LONNIE DONEGAN AND ME -TRAILER (WITH PAUL & RINGO)

10.20pm, Sunday 17th April on ITV
JIM CARTER: LONNIE DONEGAN AND ME


Once the most famous singer in Britain, Lonnie is almost forgotten, remembered mainly for novelty hits like ‘My Old Man’s A Dustman’, and not his high energy and self-styled Skiffle music that helped shake off the post-war greyness of the 1950s and kick-start the teenage music explosion of the 1960s.





Paul and Ringo have both contributed to this documentary about the huge influence of Lonnie Donegan and Skiffle on music history and pop culture, and how he impacted their own music direction.




Jim Carter tells the story of Lonnie Donegan in our new film for ITV: “For over 40 years I saw him perform and he was the most exciting thing I’d ever seen. I loved his music, it got my heart racing. He was the King of Skiffle, he changed music in this country – and for that, Lonnie, I thank you!”




































 


































You can view the trailer, here: 


Jim Carter: Lonnie Donegan and Me from Artisan Pictures on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment