Monday 8 February 2016

PAUL HAILS HOSPITAL FUNDRAISER

Paul has thanked Brits for donating millions to a fundraiser for the U.K.'s most famous children's hospital.
 
Donations flooded in during an annual campaign to boost the coffers of Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) in London, with the tally standing at more than $4.4 million (£3 million) on Monday (08Feb16).

Paul is a big supporter of the hospital, and he has spoken out in a specially-made video to thank those who contributed to the fundraiser with a jokey reference to his famous track When I'm 64.

In the clip, posted on the website of U.K. newspaper The Independent, which is backing the Give to GOSH appeal, Sir Paul says, "This is Paul McCartney here and this is a message on behalf of the Great Ormond Street Hospital. I want to thank everybody who has donated to their latest campaign and has given money to keep this great hospital and the great work it does going.

"I also want to congratulate the hospital itself on its 164th anniversary. Wow! Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 164?"

No comments:

Post a Comment