Thursday 1 October 2015

PAUL RECREATED WITH VEGETABLES FOR WORLD VEGETARIAN DAY


To celebrate World Vegetarian Day on 1 October, PETA has teamed up with food artist Prudence Staite to create portraits of Liverpool’s most well-known vegetarians, including Sir Paul McCartney and John Bishop, using only vegetables
A longtime vegetarian advocate, Sir Paul told PETA, “Many years ago, I was fishing, and as I was reeling in the poor fish, I realised, ‘I am killing him – all for the passing pleasure it brings me.’ And something inside me clicked. I realised as I watched him fight for breath that his life was as important to him as mine is to me”.
John stopped eating meat in 1985 after seeing a cow being slaughtered. He told an interviewer, “The cow was hanging up looking at me as if to say, ‘You did this’”.
They have also depicted Smiths singer Morrissey. Never one to shy away from the subject of vegetarian living, he said, "Nobody can possibly be so hungry that they need to take a life in order to feel satisfied – they don't after all … so why take the life of an animal? Both are conscious beings with the same determination to survive. It is habit, and laziness and nothing else".
In addition to helping save many animals every year from the horrors of the slaughterhouse, vegans and vegetarians are less prone to developing cancer, obesity and diabetes than meat-eaters are. They also have a lower carbon footprint. These are just some of the reasons why millions of British people (including 20 per cent of 16- to 24-year-olds, according to the research group Mintel) have chosen to ditch animal-derived foods.
For more information or to receive PETA’s free vegan starter kit, please visit PETA.org.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment