Thursday 20 August 2015

DAVE GROHL HAS DINNER WITH PAUL AND RINGO

Dave Grohl recently told GoldDerby that he had dinner with the surviving members of The Beatles, and that Ringo Starr told Grohl that he was a fan of the Washington DC episode of Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways on HBO.


“It was an exciting episode for a few different reasons. One, because that’s my home town, and I grew up with all of these incredible musicians. My biggest influences, and my real heroes, are all musicians from Washington DC that most people don’t know about. So, not only did I get the opportunity to tell the story of this amazing city, with these amazing people, and the amazing music that was made there, but I also got to sort of shed light on a city that most people wouldn’t consider a musical city. You go to Chicago, you know that you’re going for the blues, you go to New Orleans, you know you’re going to get jazz, you go to Detroit you’re going to get soul, R&B, and Motown. But DC, people are like what the fuck, whatever happened in DC? So that was really exciting, to be able to tell people about Go-go music.


Not longer after that episode came out, I went out to dinner with Paul [McCartney] and Ringo Starr. Ringo was like, ‘Man, I watched the DC episode, I love Go-go!’ I was like, oh my god, I just turned Ringo Starr onto Go-go music!”

No comments:

Post a Comment