Saturday 23 May 2015

PAUL:“I THINK OF IT LIKE FORMULA ONE. I MAY BE THE DRIVER BUT I COULDN´T GET ANYWHERE WITHOUT THE TEAM.THEY ARE THE BEST BAND AND CREW ON THE PLANET”

Paul McCartney Out There tour 2015

Paul McCartney's live shows are well known for being slick. Over the years he's honed his performance to a fine art - to the point where he can play 39 songs in a row without a pause or even a sip of water.
He puts it down to a carefully designed routine.
“It’s kind of evolved over the years," he says. "We do our soundcheck in the afternoon. I go to my dressing room and then an hour before we go on a guy knocks on my door and I get ready. I do a steam thing with a bit of Olbas Oil in hot water. It’s probably completely useless but it makes me feel like I’m doing something to help my voice. Then I choose what to wear, get dressed and go and see the band. We get together and sing a bit and then we go to the side of the stage.
“We have a little ritual, a bit of a huddle and then we go on.
“I’m very lucky. I’ve been with the band and most of the crew for a long time. We’ve all been friends for years.
“This is our other family and it’s a great group of people. I have a lot of respect for them.
“I think of it like Formula One. I may be the driver but I couldn’t get anywhere without the team. They are the best band and crew on the planet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment