Thursday 12 March 2015

PAUL EXPLAINS WHY HE´S WORKING WITH KANYE WEST

Paul has opened up about his recent spate of collaborations with Kanye West, telling NME that Ye and Jay Z turned him on to rap, during a joint concert at Barclays in 2012.

"I was expecting it to be, 'Oh it's great, it's hip-hop, it's loud," he said. "But I hadn't until then got the urban poetry aspect. Like, Bob Dylan is a poet. And so is Jay Z and Kanye."
"If I'm gonna do a tour I like to go and see what other people are doing. I didn't wanna bring my tour out and be amazingly old-fashioned. So if people are going, 'Oh man, Beyonce, she was killer!' I like to go there and go, 'Yeah, we can do better than this.'"
Paul and West have gotten together for three songs - "Only One," "FourFiveSeconds" and "All Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment