Friday 27 September 2013

PAUL REVEALS INSPIRATION OF BIGGEST HITS

The music legend told Mojo that the inspiration behind the melancholy
 'Yesterday' came from the legend's mum - even if he didn't realise it
at the time.“With 'Yesterday' singing it now, I think without realising it I was singing about my mum,” Paul admits to the magazine. “Because I
think now, ‘Why she had to go, I don’t know, she wouldn’t say, I said
something wrong…’ I think the psychiatrist would have a field day with that one…”. "The song, widely regarded as one of the band's best, was originally recorded for their 1965 album Help!. Since then, it has been performed an estimated seven million times (in the 20th Century alone), spawned 2,200 cover versions, and been inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
The 71-year-old has endured some well publicised hardships in his life - including the deaths of first wife Linda and, of course, bandmate John- but puts his Northern upbringing down to getting through
the tough times.“I think my [robust] personality got me through it,” he said. “It goes back to my family and upbringing in Liverpool, which taught you no matter how shitty it is, get on with it and try and have a good time." Paul's comments come as he readies himself for the release of
his first solo album in six years, New, due out on October 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment