Friday 12 July 2013

PAUL ROCKS OUT AT NATIONAL PARK

WASHINGTON-Nationals Park was the place to be Friday night as Sir Paul McCartney returned to the nation's capital.
A sellout crowd of fans of all ages and many parts of the country turned out to see the Beatles legend in this stop of his "Out There" Tour.
It has been four years since McCartney's last D.C. concert. He was at Fedex Field back in 2009.
For Jen Bechtel and her kids who drove in from Pennsylvania, there was a little pre-show excitement when they ran into McCartney’s entourage.
“The second SUV pulls up and he rolls down the window and waves,” said Bechtel. “He was like 10 feet away from us and waves. So it was very, very cool.
It was hard to tell who was more excited about seeing McCartney in concert: the generation that grew up listening to him or their kids.



“I’ve seen them everywhere and been a Beatles fan since before [his son’s] age and I’ve kind of passed the torch on to them,” said Anthony Carroll.
Janice and Andrew Daly surprised their 10-year-old son, Jack, with tickets.
“This was one of my birthday presents,” said Jack Daly. “I knew about [the concert], but I didn’t know my parents bought tickets for me. But it was a great birthday.”
True to form, McCartney wowed the crowd with more than two hours of music, most from his days as a Beatle, but plenty of newer stuff too.
McCartney is 71 years old now and his future touring dates may dwindle. That is why many here shelled out more $200 to see him one more time.
“I got my first Beatles album probably about 1972 and I’ve been following the Beatles ever since,” said Bob Caplan. “It’s been a big part of my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment